This course is delivered face-2-face in Brisbane or via Zoom Virtual Classroom. It can be completed independently or as part of the BRCGS Professional Qualification.
BRC Global Standards Professional is a learning program which will give you international recognition for the key skills and knowledge essential for product safety management. By gaining this qualification you will be well-equipped to manage any Standard in your business - including those recognised by Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) - and able to implement or manage product safety systems.
This one-day course will provide delegates with a thorough understanding of risk assessment and enable them to use different risk assessment models. This is particularly useful when implementing product safety management systems on site, and when implementing the requirements of the BRC Global Standards.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- identify where the Global Standards demand risk assessment
- recognise what BRCGS expects from a thorough risk assessment
- define risk assessment terminology
- choose and use different risk assessment models
Prior to the course delegates should have read and reviewed the latest version of the Global Standard for Food Safety.
Delegates will need to complete Work-based risk assessment, documented assessment will need to be submitted to BRCGS Educate.
DURATION: 1 day
To complete the Professional programme, you need to complete the following:
ONE of the following BRCGS Standards courses:
- Site Training (2 days)
- Lead Auditor course (5 days)
- Auditor Training (3 days)
- Conversion courses from previous Standard
PLUS ONE of the following Hazard and Risk Management courses (RPL considered):
- HACCP course (2 days)
- Hazard analysis risk assessment course (HARA 2 days)
- HARPC course (2 days)
- FSPCA PCQ/FSMA course (2.5 days)
PLUS THREE of the following 1-day Product Safety Management courses:
- Risk Assessment Course
- Root Cause Analysis Course
- Validation and Verification Course
- Vulnerability Assessment for Food Fraud
On completion of the required courses, you will be awarded with BRC Global Standards Professional certificate and an electronic open badge for use on emails and LinkedIn.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- technical and quality personnel
- auditors and consultants*
Post course assignment
*Auditors and Consultants are welcome to complete the course but are not eligible for the BRCGS Professional Qualification