This course covers the following topics:
- Understand due diligence and legal requirements as they relate to food production in Australia.
- Development, approval and review of labels legal requirements including:
- ACCC - Truth in labelling as related to food fraud and product claims.
- ACCC - Country of Origin requirements.
- Food Standards Code: sections 1, Schedules covering NIP and mandatory advisory statements.
- Review of Weights and Measures requirements.
On successful completion of this course, participants will obtain the knowledge to effectively understand the legislative requirements for the labelling of packaged and unpackaged food products and how to meet these regulations.
The Australian Labelling Regulations workshop is a one day practical hands-on session without any exams or assignments.
Not all industries are subject to such heavy regulation as the food industry is, and with good reason. The consequences for consumers (and in turn business) for a disregard of the labelling regulations is significant.
For consumers, the consequences can be deadly.
For businesses, the resultant penalties imposed for a breach of the regulations, and the damage to the brand can be almost as disastrous.