In December 2020 the Codex Alimentarius Commission has made some significant changes to the Codex HACCP, here is a list of changes that now need to be updated in your food business:
- The 7 principles of HACCP have changed and has resulted in food businesses needing to implement more prescriptive control measures along with far more detailed validation and verification requirements.
- Food Safety Culture has now been included.
- Maintenance and cleaning now includes allergens.
- More focus on personal cleanliness, behaviour and visitors.
- Training and Competence section has been strengthened.
- There are new sections on 'Allergen Management' and 'Lot Identification and Traceability.'
This course has been revised to include the 2020 Codex HACCP update and meets the formal HACCP training requirements of WQA, BRC, SQF, Coles Supplier Requirements (Food) and other relevant Standards.
This one day course includes one unit of competency from the National Skills set, delivered under Third Party Agreement with Response Learning RTO No: 30879.
FBPFSY3002 - Participate in a HACCP Team covers the skills and knowledge required to participate in the development and review of a hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP)-based food safety program.
The unit applies to individuals who work under broad direction and take responsibility for their own work, including limited responsibility for the work of others, and who participate in the development of a food safety program typically limited to their immediate work area.
At the end of this course delegates will:
- Understand how to handle food safely.
- Understand due diligence & legal requirements as they relate to food safety laws.
- Be able to Identify, control and assess food safety hazards.
- Identify the 9 key elements of pre-requisite programs which support HACCP.
- Undertake the 12 steps of HACCP Plan development.
- Establish or review methods to monitor and control food safety hazards.
- Review a food safety program.
This course is delivered face-to-face in Brisbane or via Virtual Classroom at exactly the same time as the face-to-face training so all participants will actively take part in group discussions and exercises.
Virtual Classroom Participants will be sent an email from the trainer approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course with a link to the online training course meeting. All you will have to do is click on the link and follow a couple of instructions (no downloads required). To ensure you are prepared on the day of training, we conduct a practice run before the course. All virtual participants view the same material and are expected to actively participate throughout the duration of the course.
- Principles of food safety
- Food safety hazards
- HACCP Principles (in brief)
- Food safety legislation
- Prerequisite programs.
The perfect course for those needing an introduction to GMP/GHP and the Principles of Codex HACCP. This course is also suitable for those requiring a refresher and review of the Codex HACCP Principles. This course meets the requirements of both Coles and Woolworths HACCP refresher training requirements.